Racers participating as part of USA Wildwater will be emailed additional details after registering
Lehigh Classic Race Details:
- Starting line: Immediately below the Rockport Put-in
- Finish line: Big Eddy below Barndoor Rapid
- Start time: 1 pm
- 5.8 miles of class II-II+ rapids
- Mass start for each class, classes determined based on entrants
- Sweep raft will follow racers
- Racers must put-in at the Rockport
- Check-in at Glen Onoko between 10am-Noon
- Awards Ceremony is TBD. It may be informal Glen Onoko at the registration tent to share race times and allow pick-up of awards.
- Pre-registration is strongly encouraged
Participant fees are $5 for current ACA members (w/ their ACA membership #), and $15 for non-ACA members. Participant fees cover event insurance. Fees will be collected on the day of the event.
To view a map of the racecourse and access points, click here.
Whitewater releases are provided throughout the summer on the Lehigh River through Lehigh Gorge State Park, Pennsylvania. Click here to view the whitewater release schedule, and follow the Francis E. Walter dam on Facebook for daily updates on Lehigh River flows. This event is being held on August 27th, 2022, under a special use permit from Lehigh Gorge State Park. Participants and spectators must abide by all park rules & regulations at all times, which include a prohibition on alcohol.
The Lehigh Classic is hosted by the Lehigh Classic Organizing Committee, an affiliate member of the American Canoe Association. Please click here to view our 2022 Safety Plan.