The Lehigh River
White Haven, Pennsylvania
The Lehigh Classic takes place on the same weekend as the Lehigh RiverFest at Whitewater Challengers, 5 minutes away from Rockport. After participants of the Lehigh Classic reach Rockport, there is ample time to unwind shuttle and meet at the Lehigh RiverFest where the awards ceremony is hosted at 6 pm. The address is 288 North Stagecoach Rd. Weatherly, PA.
RiverFest admission is free. Food and beer are available, and there will be live music, family-friendly activities, as well as assorted craft/art and outdoor equipment vendors. Camping is available for $15, which includes both Friday and Saturday night, and the breakfast buffet is offered for $10. Pets are permitted, and alcohol is allowed, in moderation. Whitewater Challengers also has rustic bunkhouses for rent and offers rafting trips and bike rentals.
- Sandy Valley Campground, located 10 minutes from the put-in, allows alcohol and pets. They offer car and RV camping, and have cabin rentals.
- Hickory Run State Park has state park style car camping and cabin rentals. No alcohol is allowed. The camping area is 10 minutes from the put-in.
- The Inn at Hickory Run is a bed & breakfast very conveniently located.
- The Comfort Inn – Pocono Mountain is 10 minutes away.
- Holiday Inn, White Haven – Lake Harmony is 10 minutes away.
Restaurants and Food:
White Haven has many food options, including a food market in the strip mall in town on the road to the put-in.
The Lehigh RiverFest at Whitewater Challengers has food, camping, and live music.
Driving: The upper Lehigh River is located in Northeastern Pennsylvania most commonly accessed off of Route 80, Pennsylvania exit 273, “Freeland, White Haven”.
Flying: White Haven is 30 minutes from Wilkes-Barre- Scranton International Airport; 1 hour from Allentown – Bethlehem – Easton International Airport; and 1.5 hours from Harrisburg, Newark or Philadelphia International Airports.
Train/Bus Service: Martz offers bus service from Philadelphia to Blakeslee, PA about 20 minutes from White Haven.