Lehigh Classic Race Details:
- Starting line: Bottom of Tannery Rapid, Upper Lehigh River (river-right below Tannery Rd. bridge)
- Finish line: Large river-left rock below Second Chance Rapid (race rock)
- Start time: 1 pm
- 5.5 miles of class II-III rapids
- Mass start for each class, classes determined based on entrants
- Sweep raft will follow racers
- Racers must put-in at the White Haven access
- Check-in at Rockport between 10am-Noon
- Awards afterward at 5 pm at Lehigh RiverFest, Whitewater Challengers, 288 North Stagecoach Rd. Weatherly, PA
- Pre-registration is strongly encouraged
Participant fees are $5 for current ACA members (w/ their ACA membership #), and $10 for non-ACA members. Participant fees cover event insurance. Fees will be collected on the day of the event.
To view a map of the race course and access points, click here.
Whitewater releases are provided throughout the summer on the Lehigh River through Lehigh Gorge State Park, Pennsylvania. Click here to view the whitewater release schedule, and follow the Francis E. Walter dam on Facebook for daily updates on Lehigh River flows. This event is being held on August 24th, 2019, under a special use permit from Lehigh Gorge State Park. Participants and spectators must abide by all park rules & regulations at all times, which include a prohibition on alcohol.
The Lehigh Classic is hosted by the Lehigh Classic Organizing Committee, an affiliate member of the American Canoe Association. Please click here to view our 2019 Safety Plan.