The Lehigh River
White Haven, Pennsylvania
- Whitewater Challengers, a local rafting outfitter, offers affordable car camping for $7.50/person/night, rustic bunkhouses for rent, and full meal service, conveniently located 5 minutes from the upper Lehigh River take-out at Rockport. Alcohol and pets are prohibited and quiet hours are enforced. Mention that you are with the Lehigh Classic when you make your reservation to be located near other participants in the camping area.
- Sandy Valley Campground, located 10 minutes from the put-in, allows alcohol and pets. They offer car and RV camping, and have cabin rentals.
- Hickory Run State Park has state park style car camping and cabin rentals. No alcohol is allowed. The camping area is 10 minutes from the put-in.
- The Inn at Hickory Run is a bed & breakfast very conveniently located.
- The Comfort Inn – Pocono Mountain is 10 minutes away.
- Holiday Inn, White Haven – Lake Harmony is 10 minutes away.
Restaurants and Food:
White Haven has many food options, including a food market in the strip mall in town on the road to the put-in. The White Haven diner is a popular breakfast place in town, as well as the White Haven bakery. Renee’s Cold Cuts serves great hoagies for lunch and Antonio’s Pizza and Wood’s Ice Cream are good choices. Capone’s Bar and Grill and Four Fella’s nearby serve bar and pub fare. Fine dining is available at the Feed Mill and the Powerhouse Eatery.
Driving: The upper Lehigh River is located in Northeastern Pennsylvania most commonly accessed off of Route 80, Pennsylvania exit 273, “Freeland, White Haven”.
Flying: White Haven is 30 minutes from Wilkes-Barre- Scranton International Airport; 1 hour from Allentown – Bethlehem – Easton International Airport; and 1.5 hours from Harrisburg, Newark or Philadelphia International Airports.
Train/Bus Service: Martz offers bus service from Philadelphia to Blakeslee, PA about 20 minutes from White Haven.